NB: Online booking is now available for equipped camping. Payment is required in full on booking.
Equipped camping in our spacious 6 or 8-man tents is available for three nights minimum during peak season and two nights minimum during off-peak season (please see Tariffs download below for prices and dates). If you specifically need an 8-man tent, please talk to our reservations team.
This is a wonderful way to enjoy the tranquillity and unspoilt beauty of Herm. The Seagull site, with its spectacular views, is in the middle of the island just minutes from the cliff path leading to Belvoir Bay, and offers 19 equipped tent pitches and a number of seasonal pitches in both Seagull and Moss Field. The Seagull campsite’s shower and toilet facilities were refurbished in 2020 and a designated on-site warden will help ensure your holiday is as enjoyable and carefree as possible.
If you’re organising a group camping trip for a school, club or other organisation please see our Group Camping Brochure for more information on details and pricing.
A grocery shop is now situated at Seagull Campsite.
If you don’t fancy cooking, you are spoilt for choice with dining options at The White House Hotel, The Ship Inn and the Mermaid Tavern. The Beach Cafés also offer a variety of sandwiches, snacks, and hot and cold drinks during the day. Shell Beach Café now sells alcoholic beverages.
Camping in Herm is very much geared towards families, where children can experience a freedom that they possibly may not have at home. Families return year after year to camp in the island and meet up with other families they met the previous season.
Herm Island is very much like one big family.
- On-site warden
- Free luggage porterage on arrival and departure
- Shower and toilet facilities refurbished in 2020 – heated coin-operated showers (£1 coins needed)
- Washbasins and shaver points provided
- Freezer for ice packs
- Coin operated tumble dryer and washing machine (£1 coins needed)
- Grocery shop
- Camping cots at no extra charge subject to advance booking
- Please note there isn’t a cash machine or cash-back facility on-island, please bring £1 coins for showers and laundry facilities.
We provide good quality frame tents ideally sleeping a family of up 6 / 8 people. All tents have a kitchen area with room for a table and chairs and offer comfortable camping.
The equipment provided includes:
- Table and seating
- Gas cooker with grill on table (including gas)
- Water carrier
- Cleaning equipment – a dustpan, hand-brush, sweeping brush and a washing-up bowl
- Cooking equipment – 3 saucepans with lids, a kettle and a frying pan
- Crockery, cutlery and utensils
- Cooler box with ice pack (freezer available to re-freeze ice pack)
- Air beds and a full-size ground sheet
Bedding and lighting are not included.
“Much needed 2 days of disconnecting with the world and stepping into Herm time. Great campsite and used the onsite tents this time. Saves assembling own tents…”
Oxy Chris Greenman on Trip Advisor
“Aimed directly at families, noise and late nights are frowned upon in the campsite, but this just encourages campers to rise early in the morning, refreshed and ready to search out and enjoy the fantasy of this wonderful Island…”
Karl Knight on Trip Advisor