NB: Online booking is not currently available for camping. Please call our reservations office for enquiries.
Camping in Herm is available for 2 nights minimum off-peak season and 3 nights minimum in peak season
(please see Tariffs download below for prices and dates).
This is a wonderful way to enjoy the tranquillity and unspoilt beauty of Herm. The Seagull site, with its spectacular views, is in the middle of the island just minutes from the cliff path leading to Belvoir Bay. With a total of 19 equipped tent pitches at Seagull and 18 site only pitches at Moss field, toilet facilities and showers that were refurbished in 2020, this family campsite has its own warden who will help to ensure your holiday is as enjoyable and carefree as possible.
There are two great ways to camp on Herm Island:
- You can hire our spacious, equipped 8-man tents. What’s included?
- Pitch your own in Moss Field and wake up to an unforgettable view across the north end of Herm, Shell Beach and across to Alderney.
- On-site warden
- Free luggage porterage on arrival and departure
- Shower and toilet facilities refurbished in 2020 – heated coin-operated showers (£1 coin)
- Washbasins and shaver points provided
- Freezer for ice packs
- Coin operated tumble dryer and washing machine (£1 coin)
- Groceries can be pre-ordered and delivered to your site
- Camping cots at no extra charge subject to advance booking
- Table and seating
- Gas cooker with grill on table (including gas)
- Water carrier
- Cleaning equipment – a dustpan, hand-brush, sweeping brush and a washing-up bowl
- Cooking equipment – 3 saucepans with lids, a kettle and a frying pan
- Crockery, cutlery and utensils
- Cooler box with ice pack (freezer available to re-freeze ice pack)
- Air beds and a full-size ground sheet
If you don’t fancy cooking, you are spoilt for choice – The White House Hotel’s Conservatory Restaurant, The Ship Inn and the Mermaid Tavern and Courtyard. The Beach Cafés also offer a variety of sandwiches, snacks, and hot and cold drinks during the day. Provisions can be ordered in advance of your arrival, with daily groceries available from the island shop – please note that order and payment must be received 10 days in advance of your arrival. Our site is managed very much as a ‘family’ site. We encourage families to stay on our campsite to allow the children to experience a freedom that they possibly may not have at home. Children can roam freely on the site making new friends along the way. Families return to camp on Herm Island and meet up with other families they met the previous season. Herm Island is often just like one big family.
We provide good quality frame tents ideally sleeping a family of up 6 / 8 people. All tents have a kitchen area with room for a table and chairs and offer comfortable camping.
The equipment provided includes:
Bedding and lighting are not included.
“Much needed 2 days of disconnecting with the world and stepping into Herm time. Great campsite and used the onsite tents this time. Saves assembling own tents…”
Oxy Chris Greenman on Trip Advisor
“Aimed directly at families, noise and late nights are frowned upon in the campsite, but this just encourages campers to rise early in the morning, refreshed and ready to search out and enjoy the fantasy of this wonderful Island…”
Karl Knight on Trip Advisor